Our guiding beliefs and values that define who we are, what we do (and don’t), and why we do it.
- Mek is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards with sensitivity and empathy toward social, cultural, animal, economic, and environmental issues.
- Mek only works with companies that treat employees, suppliers, customers, communities, and the environment fairly, respectfully, and responsibly.
- Mek does not engage projects that involve single-use plastics, destruction of habitat, promotion of animal cruelty, or an adverse impact on people or the planet.
- Mek is located in a solar powered premises created with the assistance of the Sustainable Melbourne Fund.
- Mek partners with One Tree Planted to plant 10 trees for each new project we complete. Trees are planted in Australia to restore native habitats and recover forests affected by the 2019–20 Black Summer bushfires.
- Mek’s studio materials are plastic free, cruelty free, and not tested on animals.
- In an effort to minimise our impact and not cause unnecessary harm, we regularly assess our use of resources, materials, and processes.
- Mek only recommends sustainable solutions to clients across print, packaging, and spatial materials, partnering with trusted suppliers across the latest technologies and innovations for reducing waste and environmental impact.
- As advocates for equality, diversity, and inclusion, we established and run Womentor, a global mentorship program for women in graphic design.
- Each year Mek donates time, profit, or resources to organisations for important causes. Mek is a proud supporter of Armenia Fund, Edgar's Mission, Sea Shepherd Australia, Animals Australia, The Bridge of Hope Innocence Initiative, and Street Crew Melbourne.
We’re not perfect, but we’re doing our best. We want to work with people who are too.