Our guiding beliefs and values that define who we are, what we do (and don’t), and why we do it:
- Mek is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards with sensitivity and empathy toward social, cultural, animal, economic, and environmental issues.
- Mek only works with companies that treat employees, suppliers, customers, communities, and the environment fairly, respectfully, and responsibly.
- Mek does not engage projects that involve single-use products, destruction of habitat, promotion of animal cruelty, or an adverse impact on people or the planet.
- Mek is a carbon neutral company located in a solar powered purpose-built premises created with the assistance of the Sustainable Melbourne Fund.
- Mek partners with One Tree Planted to plant a tree for every new project we complete. Trees are planted in Australia to restore native habitats and recover forests affected by the 2019–20 Black Summer bushfires.
- Mek is a paperless company. Our studio materials are plastic free, cruelty free, and not tested on animals.
- In an effort to minimise our impact and not cause unnecessary harm, we regularly assess our use of resources, materials, and processes.
- Mek only recommends sustainable solutions to clients across print, packaging, and spatial materials, partnering with trusted suppliers educated on the latest technologies and innovations for reducing waste and environmental impact.
- As advocates for equality, diversity, and inclusion, we established and run Womentor, a global mentorship program for women in graphic design.
- Each year Mek donates time, profit, or resources to organisations for important causes. Mek is a proud supporter of Armenia Fund, Edgar's Mission, Sea Shepherd Australia, and Animals Australia.